Advertising Terms & Conditions
A Definitions and Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
1. MK Community Hub Ltd (“MKCH”) accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
2. These Terms apply to:
print advertisements on MK Community Hub
online advertisements on www.mkcommunityhub.com (the “Website”)
3. By placing an order, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
B Content and Delivery of Advertisements
4. Materials for any Advertisement (whether print or digital) must adhere to MKCH’s technical specifications and be delivered to MKCH within the applicable timeframes, each as set out here. When MKCH builds digital Advertisement units on behalf of the Advertiser, the Advertiser must provide assets in accordance with the requirements set out by MKCH.
5. MKCH may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. MKCH may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising on the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
6. The publication of an Advertisement by MKCH does not mean that MKCH accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that MKCH has waived its rights under these Terms.
7. The Advertiser guarantees to MKCH that:
any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice (including the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (the “CAP Code”) and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person’s intellectual property rights);
the Advertisement will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of MKCH or the Website or the Newspapers, and will not contain anything with MKCH in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
all digital Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website; and
all digital Advertisements comply with (i) the the standards for online advertising published by the Coalition for Better Ads (https://www.betterads.org); and (ii) the “L.E.A.N.” best practice principles for online advertising standards published by the IAB UK, each as may be updated from time to time.
8. Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with MKCH and the Advertiser will compensate MKCH for any claim made by such advertiser against MKCH.
9. All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the prevailing rates set out in the rate card on the date of publication. MKCH may change its rates at any time by publishing the modified rates. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
10. All sums payable to MKCH should be made in accordance with MKCH’s Financial Terms & Conditions which are. MKCH will provide services only on a pre-payment basis, with receipt of cleared funds prior to the booking being confirmed. MKCH’s standard payment terms are cleared funds 28 days from date of invoice. If the due date falls on a weekend or bank holiday the payment is due on the first working day immediately prior to the due date. As payment is due as cleared funds, under current banking arrangements, cheques should be despatched and payment by bank transfer should be processed by the customer three working days prior to the due date. MKCH reserve the right to charge interest on late payment at 4% above the Bank of England base rate.
D Online Advertisements
11. The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that discrepancies of up to 10% regarding the number of impressions served are common due to a variety of technical reasons. In the event of any disagreement regarding the number of impressions served, the Advertiser agrees that the figures provided by MKCH’s applicable third party provider will be final and binding.
12. MKCH cannot guarantee the number of impressions.
15. MKCH and its service providers will only use any Advertiser Data solely in relation to the Advertiser’s particular advertising campaign. All such Advertiser Data collected by MKCH will be treated as the confidential information of the Advertiser and will not be disclosed by MKCH to any third party (other than MKCH’s service providers for the purpose of MKCH complying with its obligations under these Terms) without the consent of the Advertiser. In no event will any Advertiser Data be combined with information collected from other sources, except where the Advertiser has agreed otherwise.
F Brand Safety
16. MKCH will implement its default brand safety measures in respect of MKCH website
G Cookie usage on mkcommunityhub.com
23. Where an Advertiser wishes to drop cookies on users’ computers or use pixels, web beacons or other data collecting technology (the “Data Collecting Technology”) for the purpose of displaying or providing advertising on the Website and tracking impressions, analytics, measurement and verification of advertising campaigns (together, “Analytics Data”), it shall notify MKCH in advance of booking an Advertisement and provide all information requested by MKCH regarding such Data Collecting Technology.
24. If MKCH agrees to the Advertiser’s disclosed use of Data Collecting Technology to collect Analytics Data, MKCH will provide written authorisation to the Advertiser. Subject to the foregoing, Advertiser agrees to use such Data Collecting Technology and all data collected from it solely in the manner disclosed to MKCH.
25. All Analytics Data collected by the Advertiser through such Data Collecting Technology will be confidential information owned by MKCH and will not be disclosed by the Advertiser to any third party without MKCH’s prior written consent.
26. In no event shall Data Collecting Technology or the data collected from it: (i) be used by the Advertiser for the purposes of profiling users’ interests, segmentation, or tracking or targeting users when they leave the Website; or (ii) be combined with information collected from other sources; in each case except where MKCH has given agreement in writing. MKCH reserves the right to scan the Advertisements to ensure Advertiser’s compliance with clauses 23-26.
27. The Advertiser shall procure that all other partners and entities in the supply chain with which Advertiser works or contracts in relation to an Advertisement (collectively, the “Advertiser Partners”) shall comply with these Terms.
28. The Advertiser shall ensure it complies with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to such Data Collecting Technology and that all Analytics Data will be deleted from its servers upon the end of the relationship between MKCH and the Advertiser.
Liability of MKCH
30. MKCH accepts no responsibility for any interruption or delay the Advertiser experiences in delivering any Advertisement copy to MKCH or any loss or damage to any Advertisement copy or any other materials. The Advertiser guarantees that it has retained sufficient quality and quantity of all materials supplied to MKCH.
31. MKCH shall use its reasonable endeavours to reproduce Advertisements as provided by the Advertiser but cannot guarantee that the Advertisement will be of the same quality.
32. MKCH shall not be responsible, under any circumstances, for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any other loss which happens as a side effect of the main loss suffered by the Advertiser or any loss which could not be contemplated by MKCH and the Advertiser, and MKCH’s maximum total liability for any loss or damage arising out of or in relation to any Advertisement whether in contract, tort or otherwise shall not exceed the total amount of the charges for the relevant Advertisement actually paid by or on behalf of the Advertiser.
33. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, MKCH does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of the Website but will use reasonable efforts to provide this.
34. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude MKCH’s responsibility for death or personal injury resulting from its own negligence, fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of an Advertiser who is a consumer.
Liability of the Advertiser
36. The Advertiser will fully indemnify MKCH from all investigations, claims, fines, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees) expenses and liabilities arising as a result of any breach or failure to comply with any of these Terms and/or the use or publication of the Advertisement by MKCH in accordance with these Terms
37. MKCH owns the copyright in all Advertisements written or designed by it or on its behalf.
38. The Advertiser grants MKCH the right (free of charge) to:
use such of the Advertiser’s names, trade marks and/or logos as MKCH may consider necessary for the purposes of publishing the Advertisements;
reproduce the Advertisement in any media at any time from the date the Advertisement was last published in the Newspapers for promotional purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the content, layout and format of any Website or Newspaper will be subject to variation at MKCH’s sole discretion.
L Cancellation policy
39. The cancellation period for an Advertisement varies according to the publication. The Advertiser should refer to the relevant rate card. The Advertiser may cancel an Advertisement provided that notice in writing is received by MKCH within the relevant cancellation period. In respect of Advertisements on the Website, the minimum notice period for cancellation by the Advertiser is 30 days unless agreed otherwise. Please send notice of your intention to cancel to the person who made your booking. Cancellation will only be effective on confirmation of receipt of your notice.
40. If the Advertiser is insolvent or bankrupt or is otherwise in breach of these Terms, MKCH may treat the order as cancelled.
41. A person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
42. If MKCH fails or delays in exercising its rights or remedies provided by these Terms, it shall not be deemed to have waived that or any other right or remedy under these Terms.
43. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a relationship of principal and agent, a partnership, joint-venture, or co-ownership. Neither party shall have the authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other, and neither party shall hold itself out as having authority to do the same.
44. These Terms are the entire agreement between the Advertiser and MKCH in respect of the Advertisements and no modification to these Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by both MKCH and the Advertiser.
45. These Terms and any documents referred to and therefore incorporated by reference herein shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Advertiser purports to apply to the purchase of Advertisements (including, without limitation, terms in any insertion or purchase order, e-mail, acknowledgement or click through agreement). To the maximum extent permitted by law, other than as set out in these Terms, all warranties and representations, whether express or implied, are excluded.
46. Subject to clause 43, these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them).
Terms last updated: 14 January 2021